Sunday, October 5, 2014

This week October 6-10

This week:
Monday=picture day!!  

We will have a Falcon of the Month Assembly either Thursday, Friday, or possibly next Monday (not set in stone yet).  This is a chance for each homeroom teacher to recognize an outstanding student who we feel always exhibits best behavior.  Each nominated student will receive a Falcon of the Month t-shirt.
Mrs. Markley and I will both be out of the classroom on Thursday afternoon for Professional Development.

In Math this week: 
We are working on multiplying whole numbers:
-I can identify multiplication properties.
-I can multiply by powers of 10.
-I can multiply 2-digit numbers by multiples of 10.
-I can multiply 2-digit numbers by 2-digit numbers.
-I can multiply greater numbers (3-digit by 2-digit)
-I can represent a problem using a picture.
-I can write an equation to represent a problem.  

In Language Arts this week:
We are comparing and contrasting characters' traits and actions, settings, and events across stories.  
We are also all working on our own stories-Each of us is an AUTHOR!! The time in our schedule when we share our stories is my (and I think most of the students) favorite part of the day!  

In Science this week:
Owl Pellets!!!!

In Social Studies this week:
We are learning about how people affect the land and environment.  We are linking this with some science and discussing renewable/nonrenewable resources, the use of farmland, mining, pollution, conservation, etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment